For decades, dog owners have tried to limit their dogs’ accidental peeing in the house by laying down pee pads or newspaper. And while this tactic has worked for some, it wasn’t the right solution for us or our dogs.
We hated coming back to find yellow stained pee pads stinking up the room, and we felt guilty for all of the extra rubbish we were producing because of them. We knew there must be a better way to provide toilet access to our dog.
The inspiration behind Piddle Patch came during a visit to the park. The dogs were happy to be in their natural environment and the stress associated with toilet time melted away because the dogs knew instinctively where to do their business. Wouldn’t it be great if we could replicate the outdoor experience indoors?
Piddle Patch was born from that desire to bring a natural dog toilet solution into the home. It’s made from fresh grass and grown in recycled textiles, instead of soil, to produce a longer lasting grass with a thick root system.
While urine is absorbed into the grass, solid waste should be removed.
Piddle Patch grass is 100% biodegradable and can be placed into the garden waste collection, while its packaging can be recycled.
Piddle Patch is the product for you if:
- You are house-training your dog and want to teach them to relieve themselves on grass only.
- Your dog has a small bladder and urinates frequently throughout the day.
- You’ve ever returned home to find your dog has had an accident in the house while you were away.
- Your dog is recovering from surgery, an infection or illness, and has reduced mobility as a result.
- You live in an apartment building and do not have easy access to a grassy area.
- You have a lawn but do not want your dog to relieve themselves on it.
- Your dog refuses to eliminate during inclement weather such as heavy rain, snow, ice or frost.
- You live on a boat and require an on-board dog potty solution.
*With additional care, the lifespan of your Piddle Patch may be extended.
We’re excited to share that Piddle Patch was recently featured on BBC Dragons’ Den where we were made four offers before accepting a deal with Dragon Steven Bartlett!
I started Piddle Patch because I believe our dogs deserve a natural toilet solution, instead of the chemical-laden options currently on the market. I was tired of looking at ugly, smelly puppy pads, and of worrying about what would happen if they were chewed up one day.
Piddle Patch has been developed with your dog’s welfare in mind, and with a goal to do better for our pooches, and the planet.
My commitment to you is to offer the best possible product and service. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, feedback, or if you need any guidance or support.
My commitment to the environment is to ensure each part of Piddle Patch, from the grass to the packaging, is carefully produced to ensure a safe and environmentally-friendly product for your pooch.